Hi everybody! As of April 1, 2013, we're now "Waco Roads & Retail", the Waco History Blog. We already covered Waco once before, and from now on, we'll be focusing exclusively on Waco from Hewitt to Lacy-Lakeview.
The transition will be slow, but we've got a ton of things coming up:
- We'll talk about the history of Dairy Queen in Waco. Did you know that the Taquerias Arandas on I-35 was a Dairy Queen, and the Hewitt DQ "Grill & Chill", replaced an older one seemingly in the middle of nowhere?
- What chains did Waco have? All that will be explored.
- We'll give an in-depth look at the most famous Baylor building on campus!
- A look at New Road will be all-new! You'll be wondering how we existed without it.
- The creation of the Beverly Hills subdivision.
- It's all for a limited time, though, as on April 2, 2013, we'll return focus to the Brazos Valley.